Mind Spirit Share

This forum is for those who willing to share whatever come across the mind.
 
HomeSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Cabbages And Condoms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mia

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Cabbages And Condoms   Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:09 pm

OK, I know it sounded odd for a title, but believe it or not, cabbages and condoms is ,in fact, a name for a restaurant at Thailand... Shocked
I heard of this restaurant thru the newspaper a couple of days ago and I think that it's really cute...
You must be wondering now why is it cabbages and condoms and not others, when both of it has no relationship whatsoever... Apparently, the owner of the shop, a former Thai senator, Mechai Viravaidya, believes "birth control should be as cheap as vegetables"—hence the restaurant's name!

On entering the restaurant, instead of being greeted by the usual greetings, you will find yourself seeing a big sign saying "Sorry we have no mints, Please take a condom instead" and right at the bottom of the sign, lay a small basket filled with condoms... lol!

Also, one of the slogans that it has in the restaurant is, " Our food is guaranteed not to cause pregnancy."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
djames

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2008-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Cabbages And Condoms   Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:54 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA! weird name... but its interesting! free condoms, man! it cant get any better than that! lol! safe SEX encouragement!!!!! thats goood!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Death
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
avatar

Posts : 368
Join date : 2008-08-05
Location : Milky Way Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Cabbages And Condoms   Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:43 am

djames wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA! weird name... but its interesting! free condoms, man! it cant get any better than that! lol! safe SEX encouragement!!!!! thats goood!

Free condom?maybe you can take alot and sell it for profit. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chosen-paths.blogspot.com
mia

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Cabbages And Condoms   Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:01 pm

LOL!
that is just plain selfish Shocked
peope there are trying to create awareness and death is trying to make business out of it lol!

As we all know, Asians tend to be awkward and shy when talking bout sex and condoms... It is considered a taboo to be talking bout it on broad daylight...
But to be truthfully honest, I think we should be open minded bout these kind of topic, I mean, what's so much to be shy about...??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin~*~*
Admin~*~*
avatar

Posts : 232
Join date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Cabbages And Condoms   Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:22 pm

Thx for sharing such interesting information with us.....
For the sake of economic growth in some country, birth control will not be needed, but in China, the china government do take this seriously.
Then in Malaysia,............guess that should be censored .....XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mss-919.omgforum.net
Death
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
avatar

Posts : 368
Join date : 2008-08-05
Location : Milky Way Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Cabbages And Condoms   Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:50 pm

mia wrote:
LOL!
that is just plain selfish Shocked
peope there are trying to create awareness and death is trying to make business out of it lol!

As we all know, Asians tend to be awkward and shy when talking bout sex and condoms... It is considered a taboo to be talking bout it on broad daylight...
But to be truthfully honest, I think we should be open minded bout these kind of topic, I mean, what's so much to be shy about...??

Not only in Asia,almost every part of the world consider sex as taboo.I think birth control will not be needed in here due to Dasar Kependudukan introduced by Mahathir. XD Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chosen-paths.blogspot.com
mia

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Cabbages And Condoms   Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:23 am

Death wrote:


Not only in Asia,almost every part of the world consider sex as taboo.I think birth control will not be needed in here due to Dasar Kependudukan introduced by Mahathir. XD Rolling Eyes

How could you say that Shocked
because of all these unprotected sex, many children has become the victim due to broken family... where their parents abondoned their kids...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Death
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
avatar

Posts : 368
Join date : 2008-08-05
Location : Milky Way Galaxy

PostSubject: Re: Cabbages And Condoms   Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:11 am

mia wrote:
Death wrote:


Not only in Asia,almost every part of the world consider sex as taboo.I think birth control will not be needed in here due to Dasar Kependudukan introduced by Mahathir. XD Rolling Eyes

How could you say that Shocked
because of all these unprotected sex, many children has become the victim due to broken family... where their parents abondoned their kids...

abondoned? albino

I also felt the same thing,they should focus on quality rather than quantity. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chosen-paths.blogspot.com
mia

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Cabbages And Condoms   Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:40 am

abandoned I mean lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Cabbages And Condoms   

Back to top Go down
 
Cabbages And Condoms
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Report: Scottish Men Buy Larger Rubbers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mind Spirit Share :: Life Style Zone :: House and Food-
Jump to: